The Commission has been engaged mainly with sensitization efforts since its inception:
- About Women/Girls’ Legal Rights under the Constitution.
- About access to legal authorities for redressal of grievances.
- About health issues, especially HIV/AIDS.
- Safe and healthy delivery and post-natal care.
- Need to urge the authorities to include women members in decision-making bodies of society.
- Create awareness for a safe environment within the family by discouraging domestic violence in homes and encouraging women to report such cases to the authorities promptly.
- Conducting awareness programmes about women’s rights on equal share of inheritance of acquired property and working towards the enactment of such a law.
- Documentation of Traditional Practices relating to women.